Saturday, January 16, 2016

Changes...and Farewell to the "Nebraska Family Times"

Dear Nebraska Family Times readers, sponsors and advertisers:

The last few months have been full of changes for me! In August I began a full-time nursing job, for Angels Care Home Health company in Columbus. I love my job! It’s different every single day and has taught me to be flexible—many days my carefully planned schedule to see my patients changes…by the time I see my first patient!

Over Thanksgiving weekend I moved to the house my future-husband and I were buying…on December 5th we got married and I became stepmom to Danielle and Ryan and Cassy (Danielle, 27, lives in Omaha…Ryan is 12 and Cassy is 16 and they live with us full-time)…and on December 7th Sam, Cassy and Ryan moved into our home too! On January 4th we signed a big pile of papers and became homeowners!

During these last few months I’ve sometimes felt overwhelmed with my new responsibilities as an employee, then wife and stepmom and homeowner. I’d been considering the option of selling the “Nebraska Family Times” for several months, and one afternoon I got a strong urge to e-mail Becky Uehling. Becky had written for the NFT, has a background in journalism and had expressed an interested over the years in taking over the “Nebraska Family Times” or becoming a co-owner, and in considering all of my options I decided to see if she was still interested. She replied almost immediately! I could almost feel her excitement through the computer—my message had arrived on the very day that changes in her life made it the perfect time to take over the NFT!

Things have moved very quickly since then, and Becky is now working on the February issue of the NFT. I’m in the process of getting her all of the lists I’ve made and kept over the years and sharing all of my hints for publishing the NFT, and I’ll be answering her questions and helping her in every way I can, for as long as she would like me to! Becky and I met several weeks ago and I could immediately sense her passion for publishing a Christian newspaper that will inspire Nebraska readers! I know she’s going to do a great job as editor and publisher of the NFT, and she’ll have the time and expertise to do many things I haven’t had the time to do, in spreading the paper state-wide.

This is a bittersweet time for me; I published the NFT for a little more than 8 years. Doing so was a mission from God and I grew stronger in my faith through doing it, as well as meeting and working with many wonderful people! I’m so thankful for everyone who has been a part of the paper.

In the past year I’ve been amazed many times at how, with God’s hand, things have come together for us—from Sam and I meeting again and building our relationship, to my getting my new job, to us getting approved for a home loan and putting together a wedding in barely a month and the perfect timing in my decision to sell the paper and Becky being ready to take over.

And we were reminded of His amazing timing once again this week, when Sam and I unexpectedly became foster parents to three siblings age 8, 10, and 12, whose parents cannot care for them at this time. I’m so thankful that the NFT will continue…and we can concentrate on our new mission, our growing family!


I pray that the NFT will continue to grow and be a blessing to readers! Please welcome Becky as the new Editor and Publisher, and THANK YOU all for being a part of the NFT. God’s blessings to you all! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone my name Ximena Jimena from Cuba i want to use this medium to inform the world on how i got cured from Herpes & diabetes at first when i had symptoms back in 2014 i went for test and it came out positive i lost hope of getting a better relationship or marriage, everything changed when i met Dr Itua i contacted explained everything to him and he said he has the cure so i decided to order it from him, so i actually did after 2 weeks i went for test and i was negative i'm forever grateful to him.he can also cure all diseases
    email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com Dr Itua can also bring back your ex lover and make him or she love more than ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!