by Shelly Burke, Editor and Publisher
· What I’m doing: I got a job! I’d been struggling with the decision of getting a job. I have really missed nursing since my private duty patients died several years ago. However, I didn’t want to give up publishing the Nebraska Family Time; continuing with the paper would be almost impossible if I had a full-time job. I left it up to God. “If You want me to continue with the Nebraska Family Times, Lord, I need a job that is part-time, in town (I hate to drive on bad roads), and something I can do after being out of hospital nursing for many years.” He answered me very clearly with a 2-morning a week job at Columbus Surgery Center! The nurses are fantastic, the doctor is wonderful, the patients are fun and I am blessed! I prepare patients for eye surgery and next week will start learning how to take care of them when they’re in the operating room.
· What I’m bookmarking: I love editing and publishing the Nebraska Family Times, and one of the things I enjoy the most is researching websites to suggest to readers. This month I attended a video Bible Study titled Your Strong Suit, by author and speaker Donna Pyle. I learned so much from the first video that I checked out Donna’s websites (Artesian Ministries) and blog Hydrated Living ). I liked her writing so much that I asked her permission to reprint her blog post, Hope for When Darkness Threatens in the March issue of the Nebraska Family Times—and she said yes! Thanks, Donna! (To receive a FREE sample issue of the Nebraska Family Times, e-mail email@example.com with your mailing address.)
· What I’m blogging: I will be taking part in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge in April, as I did last year! The challenge is to blog every day in April (except Sundays), with each day’s topic beginning with the letter of that day. The theme of the Nebraska Family Times blog entries will be devotions that will “inspire, encourage and motivate you on your Christian walk.” I’ll also be blogging at Home is Where the Mom Is; A Christian Mom's Guide , where the theme is “Teach Your Children Well.” If you would like to receive the blog posts in your in-box, sign up in the right-hand column of both blogs!
· What I’m reading: To prepare for the A to Z Blogging Challenge and improve my blogs I’m reading Platform; Get Noticed in a Noisy World. For fun I’m reading Because I Said So; The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales& Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids, by Ken Jennings, the Jeopardy champion. The book investigates Dad-isms and Mom-isms like, “Stay away from windows during thunderstorms!” and “Coffee will stunt your growth!”
· What I’m eating: Cadbury Mini-Eggs. What can I say besides YUUMMMM!
What are you doing? What are you bookmarking? What are you blogging about? What are you reading? Are you eating too many Cadbury Mini-Eggs like I am? Share your suggestions in the comments section of this blog!