By Shelly Burke
- Whether a single verse, a chapter, or more, read God’s Word, the Bible, every
single day. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for
teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that
the man (and woman!) of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.” (If you’d like to read through the Bible in a Year, just type “read the Bible in a year” into your search engine. If you’d like to extend that to two years, type in “read the Bible in two years” There are so many different plans available you’re sure to find one that will work for you!
- Gather your Bible, journal, devotion book, pens, etc. in one place so when it’s time for your personal Bible study and devotions, everything is in one place.
- Write your favorite Bible verses on notecards and post them where you’ll see and read them frequently—on the bathroom mirror, refrigerator, office, wallet, etc.
- Listen to Christian music on the radio, Pandora radio, a TV station, or CD. You’ll be surprised at how listening to positive music affects your day!
- Pray without
ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). How? Just talk to God. Any time…all the time.
- Go to church. Yes, hypocrites go to church…and no, you don’t have to go to church to go to heaven. But if you are serious about strengthening your faith, attending church is vital. At church you’ll worship the Lord and thank Him for all He has done for you, you’ll be with other believers, you’ll learn more about God and you’ll be strengthened through the sacrament of Holy Communion. If you don’t have a church home, search for one.
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.”