Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Cheer!

I LOVE Christmas music!

This year I started listening even before Thanksgiving! If I'm in my vehicle I'll switch radio stations so there's almost non-stop Christmas music and at home I either listen to CDs or the music stations on TV.

The beginning strains of "Oh Come, All Ye Faithful" immediately take me to Christmas Eve service at our church, as do the sounds of "Silent Night, Holy Night." In our church during this song all of the lights are turned down and the only light is from candles. I can't describe
the feeling of quiet joy at the greatest gift we were ever given--our Savior--that fills the church at that moment.

I'm pretty traditional when it comes to Christmas music, but I welcome variations on those carols and songs. Below are links to a few of my favorites. I hope you enjoy them too!


Avalon--Joy to the World! This one makes me want to dance!

The Muppets 12 Days of Christmas One of my all-time favorite renditions of this one!

Trans-Siberian Christmas Canon If you're a fan of Mannheim Steamroller, you'll lOVE Trans-Siberian Orchestra--they are my #1 favorite right now.

What is your favorite Christmas Carol or song? Leave it in the comments.

(Click over to Nebraska Family Times to take a Christmas Quiz--
how much do YOU know about Christmas?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!